Nibuxs society offers high level specialized services in the field of roads and airports technology.
- Design of roads and airports infrastructures (pavement)
- Pavement management system (PMS)
- Analysis of pavement degradation level measurements
- Mechanical behaviour of asphalt pavements
- Specific asphalt mixtures: cold mix asphalt, warm mix asphalt, low noise asphalt, asphalt with recycling material, …
- Airports pavements: pavement design, calculation of residual lifetime, ACN-PCN method, ICAO Annex 14 conformity analyses
- Life cycle inventories and decision aid methods (specific model available)
- Road project management
- Preparation of call for tenders
- Definition and follow-up of innovative projects
- Railway infrastructures
- Technical and scientific communication
Type of projects
- Client consulting
- Technical studies
- Research projects
Nibuxs is composed by the association of three civil engineers. The meeting point of the associates is the traffic facilities laboratory (LAVOC) of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (EPFL) where they all perform their doctoral studies.The PhD thesis of Jacques Perret (2003) deals with the mechanical behaviour of road infrastructure, in particular the application in a pavement design procedure. In addition to his activities within Nibuxs, Jacques Perret is also editor for civil engineering in the magazine TRACÉS.
Mehdi Ould-Henia did a PhD thesis (2005) in the field of rheological studies of bituminous binders with rubber incorporation. He is in particular specialized in road instrumentation and measurement procedures.
The PhD thesis of Nicolas Bueche (2011) deals with warm mix asphalts and the development of a multicriteria decision aid model helping in the decision process for the asphalt mixture technique. This model is in particular used for some projects within Nibuxs activities.
Since 2013 Nibuxs employs Marc-Antoine Fénart, civil engineer from EPFL. Marc-Antoine is in particular specialised in the domain of pavement management systems (PMS).
Nibuxs members are actively involved in the Swiss association of research and standardization in the field of road and transportation (VSS). They are in particular members of following commissions:
- Jacques Perret: EK 7.05 « Pavements »
- Mehdi Ould Henia: EK 5.03 « Pavement design »
- Nicolas Bueche: EK 5.01 « Layers and asphalt mixtures », EK 5.03 « Pavement design »